Termite Control in Phoenix, AZ
In the United States, termites will cost homeowners over $5 billion in damage every year. Unfortunately, most insurance companies don’t even cover that damage.
Termites are tough to get rid of in Arizona. They have survived millions of years from clearing out dead trees and other plant debris from forest floors. This process is helpful for nature. However, when termites turn their superb eating skills onto your house, it can be devastating.
Termites prefer to be concealed and not in the open. As a result, any damage you find is usually already severe. They often infest an area before any visual manifestations present themselves.
Termites use wood as a vital and regular part of their diet. Since termite colonies can number in the millions, it does not take long for colonies to do massive damage to a structure. Termite barriers, such as treated soil or termite-resistant materials, can be an effective way to treat and prevent termites in Arizona.
Did you know that termite queens can live from 15 to 20 years? Some queens may even live up to 50 years. If conditions are right, they’ll stay and reproduce constantly and quickly. In fact, it only takes 2 to 3 years for them to produce a swarm. A swarm may consist of as many as 60,000 termites.
At this size, a colony can devour a foot of 2×4 in only six months. Not to mention, termites are masters at going undetected. Which means entire support beams can be destroyed before they’re even discovered.
This is why it’s so important to have a certified Evergreen Pest & Termite inspector come to inspect the home for termites in Arizona. We can help; call us today to schedule your termite inspection.
Termite Treatment and Pricing
Here at Evergreen Pest & Termite, we pride ourselves at offering high quality products and services at a fair price. We have options for active termites, year-round termite warranty coverage, and preventative termite treatment. We have options that fit your needs to protect your home and family from termites in Arizona.
For Active Termites
If you already have termites or have signs that you have had them in the past, give us a call. We offer some of the most competitive pricing available. Evergreen Pest & Termite will treat your home by ensuring the necessary barriers are in place. These will stop termites from damaging your home and will destroy the colony completely.
All of our treatments come standard with an extensive treatment warranty. Call us today to schedule one of our certified termite inspectors to come and inspect your home.
Preventive Termite Treatment
As it is often said about termites, “it’s not a matter of if you’re going to have them, it’s a matter of when you’ll get them.” It’s really that simple. Termites in Arizona are constantly foraging and looking for the next place to feed the colony.
We can help you protect your home by providing a long-lasting barrier around your home that is guaranteed. If you want to be proactive, then this is the right step for you. Call today for a quote on your home.
Termite Warranty Only Options
At Evergreen Pest & Termite, we realize there are many people who want year-round coverage for termites. Our warranty program can help give you peace of mind with your termite extermination needs. Not to mention, help alleviate some of the upfront costs of doing a full treatment.
We can provide you with year-to-year or long-term termite warranty options at discounted rates. All you need is one of our certified termite inspectors to approve that your home is visibly free of termites in Arizona.
We can even take over an existing warranty you may have with a different company. If you experience termite activity while under our warranty program, we will treat the area at no additional cost.
Call us today for more information on how we can help you with your termite warranty.
Please continue to read about other termite information. We hope you will find the information useful to help identify and detect these pests for early treatment and prevention.
How to Know If You Have Termites
The most prevalent termite species we deal with in Arizona are subterranean. They like moisture and position themselves near or underneath a good food source. In some cases, this means your home. Since they like to stay underground and within walls, where it’s dark and damp, signs are hard to spot.
Here Are Some Signs to Look For:
- Mud Tubes – This is the easiest sign to detect termites. These pencil-width paths lead from their nest directly into your home and make it easy for them to avoid sunlight. The base of your home is the most common area for termites in Arizona to form these tubes. However, they can also been seen hanging from inside ceilings or hiding behind walls.Evergreen Pest & Termite will perform a comprehensive inspection. We will check your home and surrounding land for areas where there is moisture and areas where termites are commonly found.
- Swarms – Desert subterranean termites most often swarm at night during the rainy season, from July to September after rainfalls. The moist soil provides the termite swarms with the best chance of surviving and developing a new colony.NOTE: Flying termites and flying ants are very similar in appearance. Call us if you have questions on identifying which insect you have. We are happy to help you find what type of pest you’re dealing with.
- Piles – Another type of termite we encounter in Arizona is the drywood termite. These pests leave evidence consisting of shed wings, piles of pellets, and surface blisters, often caused by older enlarged openings close to the wood surface.
- Weakened Wood – Long thin cracks or sags in wood can be signs that termites have hollowed the wood.NOTE: If holes in the wood is the only sign of termites, this may actually be a sign of beetles or carpenter ants. Holes are not commonly caused by termites in Arizona.
If you see any of the above signs, call a certified Evergreen Pest & Termite inspector immediately for an inspection. Early detection is always the best way to protect your home from further damage.
Follow These Tips to Protect Your Home
- Eliminate Moisture – Try to eliminate standing irrigation water, puddles, or any other areas where water might gather on or near your home. Repairing any plumbing or drainage problems within a timely matter will also help.
- Remove Extra Food Sources – Remove lumber or freestanding wood from the base of your home. Avoid planting trees too close to the home and clip away any vegetation, such as shrubs. Any plant that might be touching the foundation or walls may create food sources for termites in Arizona.
- Repair Cracks & Check for Leaks – Check outdoor faucets and gutters for leaks and ventilated humid crawl spaces. Repair cracks and holes in the foundation with caulking. This will close off termite entry points.
- Self-Inspect Your Home – Self-inspect your home periodically and have one of our certified inspectors come once a year. Inspections don’t take long and can mean early detection—saving you time and money.
- Have a Termite Warranty – Be proactive and protect your home. Having a termite warranty can protect you year-round against the event that you do get termites. If you do not have a warranty, and find that you do see the signs of termite activity, get it treated immediately. We can help you stop these pests from further damaging your home.
Call Evergreen Pest & Termite anytime. We will be happy to provide you with information about how we can help exterminate any pests or termites in Arizona.
Thank you for choosing Evergreen Pest & Termite!
Evergreen’s office staff deserves 5 stars. They are always pleasant and polite. We have used Evergreen for quite some time and never had any pest problems. Only once did I see some tiny bugs on a window sill so I called Evergreen. The sent someone out within an hour’s time! Frank not only took care of the problem, he also checked the surrounding areas of the room at no charge!
I had such a bad fly problem in my backyard! I have tried every home remedy that I could think of and nothing seemed to get these annoying pests. I did some research and called Evergreen Pest & Termite they had such good ratings I thought why not give them a try. I got on the phone with a lady named Tammy and she was so great she had me scheduled in a blink of an eye and determined the most affordable yet effective treatment option. The pest tech Zack came to treat my yard and he really went above and beyond! My treatment did come with a warranty and just to give those flies the extra boot I decided to take full advantage. Tammy knew who I was right away and exactly what my problem was before even pulling up my name in her system. That made me feel so special. Thank you for the VIP treatment. You deserve 6 stars! ******
Great service , good value for money since they guarantee that they will protect our house from all kinds of pest and termites.
Evergreen is the best – especially because of their employee,
Charles. He has taken care of our home for 3 years, and we have the highest confidence in his work.
They have been very easy to work with and we have seen great results. I have been impressed with the extra care and precautions they take with having children and small pets. They are very knowledgable and have taken the time to educate us on various items. Thanks!
These guys are awesome! Both the customer service, and product quality are 5 stars! They even transferred our service with us when we moved, making bug coverage seamless! Thanks!!
Adam was polite and thorough, making sure our home was completely protected. We have been customers for 4 + years. This company has been great!!